Khassanov Vadim Tagirovich
Candidate of Biological Sciences
Associate ProfessorDepartment of Plant
Protection and Quarantine
Tel. +77172 38-09-14
Sphere of scientific interests
Agricultural biotechnology (disease-free seed potatoes and selection, development of diagnostic tests for the detection of viral plant diseases, plant cloning)
Cellular technologies in crop production and breeding,Аgrobiotechnology Biotechnological methods of protection and quarantine
Main research areas:
Agricultural biotechnology (virus-free seed potatoes, development of diagnostic tests for detection of viral diseases of plants, micropropagation of plants).
- Project supervisor "The creation of bank of domestic potatoes strains for the production of highly sensitive diagnostic tests", 217 Budget program "Development of science" Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2015-2017
Graduate and PhD students working under my supervision:
Undergraduate - A. Sidorik, PhD student - Beisembina B.
1993 - 1997. Eurasian National UniversityL.N.GumilyovFaculty of Natural Sciences, specialty - chemistry and biology
2000 – 2003. postgraduate study at the Kazakh Agro Technical University, Faculty of Agronomic, specialty - Plant Biotechnology
1997-2000 − Lakeside biology teacherof secondary school№ 33
2003-2004 – Assistant in the department of Plant Breeding and Biotechnology S.Seifullin KATU.
2004-2008 – Senior Lecturer in the department of Plant Breeding and Biotechnology, acting as associate professor of the Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry.
2009-2012 – Associate Professor, Department of Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry.
Since 2013 – Associate Professor, Plant Protection and Quarantine.
Awards and Honours
- In 2004 – Winner of the university competition for the best scientific and technicalproduction of young scientists;
- Twice winner of the (scholarship) for talented young scientists (MES RK, 2004-2006., 2010-2012).
- Winner of the title «Best teacher of the university in 2012», (ranking by Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan);
- Certificate of honor for scientific achievement and active participation in the implementation of the research work of the University, KATU them. S.Seifullin, 2013.;
- Supervisorof the scientific project: «Development of an enzyme immunoassay test system for the rapid detection of the potato the most pathogenic viruses»under the Fund of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Leader of the Nation, 2009-2010.;
- Supervisor of the research project:«Development of a rapid test for the diagnosis of potato virus diseases» within the grant funding for the budget program 055 «Scientific and scientific-technical activity», Ministry of science and education of kazakhstan, 2012-2014 .;
- Winner of the Foundation of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Leader of the Nation for high achievements in the field of Science and Technology, 2015 (diploma, medal);
- Supervisor of the research project: «Creation of the bank's domestic potato virus strains for the production of highly sensitive diagnostic tests»within the grant funding for the budget program 055«Scientific and scientific-technical activity», ministry of science and education of kazakhstan, 2015-2017.;
- co-author of two varieties of potato dietary and dining areas and «Memory Konaeva».
Advanced treining courses
Certificate of attendance professional development courses at the Center for
Molecular Biotechnology – K.A. Timiryazev Moscow Agricultural Academy (Moscow, 2007).
Certificate of professional development courses at the Department of Agricultural
Biotechnology – K.A. Timiryazev Moscow Agricultural Academy under the project Funded by the First President of Republic of Kazakhstan (Moscow, 2008).
Certificate of scientific training in Agroinstitute Nitra, in the framework of the project "Improving the competitiveness of agricultural products" (Slovakia, Nitra, 2009).
Certificate of passing scientific training in the Department of Biotechnology in the Russian Agricultural Academy of Science (St. Petersburg, 2012)
Certificate of training at the Research Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology (Moscow, 2013).
Certificates of English language courses (Elementary and Pre-Intermediate)
(Malaysia, United Kingdom, 2013).
Courses of English language proficiency levels and Elementary (English Language Company, Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, 2013), Pre-Intermediate (United Kingdom, Brighton, 2013), Upper-Intermediate, (Kazakhstan, Astana, 2014 ).
The summit of leaders of science "Science and Education.Innovative development models ", Oxford, UK, 2014.
International postgraduate course on "Introduction to agricultural challenges in a changing world: Biotechnology and Bioinformatics", Israel, 2015.
National and international meetings:
- A traveling seminar on breeding, genetic resources (PGR) and biotechnology of plants. - Southern Kazakhstan, 6-14 June 2011.
The summit of leaders "science and Science education. Innovative models of development". - Oxford, UK, 2014 (presentation of the report on the theme: "development of a rapid test for the diagnosis of viral diseases of potatoes).
- International scientific-practical seminar "Production and protection of seeds (Seed production and protection). – Davis: University of California (USA), 2 Dec 2016.
Author of more than 90 scientific and methodical works (including: 13 patents, 5 manuals, 3 recommendations, guidelines and regulations of the laboratory). The most important for a submission:
- Khassanov V.T., Boletus S.N., Kuybagarov M.A. et al. Production of immunoglobulins and immune-enzyme conjugate specific to the S-potato virus / Biotechnology Journal.Theory and practice, Astana, number 4, 2011, pp 39-43.
- Khassanov V.T., Shevchenko V., Borovikov S. at all. Development potatoes viral diseases rapid diagnostic tests Socrates Almanac, Oxford, 2014. - P. 311.
- Hkassanov V.T., Shvedchenko V.K., Fida M.A. et al. Comparison of methods of enzyme immunoassay and real-time PCR for the diagnosis of infection of potato accessions viruses / Research. Biotechnology. - Moscow, 2014. - P. 47-49.
- Accumulation of potato virus Y in Nicotianatabacum callus culture to obtain a virus preparation. PertanikaJournal of Tropical Agricultural Science (JTAS) Vol. 39 (2) May. 2016. (Impact Factor 0,042).